Friday, January 16, 2009

I Don't Feel Like Cooking




-and I think it shows.

Anyway, here are two of the things I made today that I didn't ruin, though the pie wasn't terribly interesting because the blackberries were flavourless. At least that isn't due to my cooking.

The pie really was simple-I had blackberries packed in syrup in the freezer that I thawed, tossed with flour and put in a pie crust. Baked it at 425 for 40 minutes. Done.

The rye bread is the same sourdough rye I always make and it tasted like it always does-good old reliable rye bread, handy with cheese which is a good thing because I don't plan to cook much over the weekend. I always said if being in the kitchen got to be too difficult I'd stop, and I think I might be at that point. The past couple days have been pretty miserable and I'm trying to keep a stiff upper lip and all that, but I do think it is time to accept that I just cannot do all the things I would like to.

Oh God, that sounds depressing, doesn't it? All right quick-someone tell a cannibal joke.

So did I mention the well froze? Really, not the pipes to the house-the damn well, waaay down in the ground, frozen. I had no idea that could even happen.

OK, so two cannibal are eating dinner and one cannibal says:
"Are you enjoying the missionary?"
and the other cannibal replies:
"Oh yes, this is much better than the pork pies they fed us at the London School of Economics."


Just admire my bread and pie and I'll be back when I'm feeling better.

No comments: