Saturday, May 02, 2009

Vintage Saturday

No, my hip(po)s are not THAT big. My boobs are though. Gosh, I should really invest in a decent bra, now that I look at the photos.
Uh, yeah. The Shop-Ko foundations aren't cutting it anymore.
I do really like the fabric pattern-it reminds me of some old pajamas my dad used to have.
I really like this dress, but it is so long it just grazes my ankles. I can't really hem it without losing the line of it, and I rarely wear heels anymore. I might try taking it up from the waist.


Some more clothing from my collection. I wore the shirtdress out today. It isn't the most attractive thing I own for my figure (pleats just don't help my hips) but it sure was comfortable.

The mauve dress is from the 40's and has the same beaded detail on the sleeves as the collar. It has faded a bit in places, but I still wear it anyway.

2 comments:

Page D. said...

This post made me think of The Who song... Mama's got a squeezebox, daddy never sleeps at night....
blushing now.....

Goody said...

Ha! Wait, you mean that song wasn't about an accordion?

I'm turning into my grandmother-she was always reaching into her dress to pull up the bra-straps. My sister used to say she was just checking to make sure they were still there, but now that I'm older I understand the need to try and keep everything where it belongs.

I dunno, I think I'm the only person on earth that can lose fifty pounds without their boobs shrinking. If I were in my twenties I'd think that was great, but in my forties it's a bit embarrassing.