Saturday, May 09, 2009

Vintage Saturday



This was the dress I was married in. I wore it with puffy crinolines, and a flowered hat. We were married at the Saunders County courthouse on "court day." As we sat there waiting to get married, we watched as a parade of teenagers in shackles were brought in, one after the other. Someone decided that perhaps this wasn't the best way for us to begin married life, and opened up another courtroom for us.

I still have no idea what all those teenagers in shackles were about, unless they busted one heck of a party.

At least I can't be accused of going all "bridezilla." The dress cost less than ten bucks, and the hat was a gift. We went out for an early dinner, then came home and ate raisin pie and drank champagne on the front porch.

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

Wow, and I thought I was being thrifty getting married in a $60 dress from the sale rack.

Goody said...

But you got the bonus of a dress that didn't smell like mildew and cat pee ;)