Thursday, August 12, 2010

Polenta With Lentils And Veggies


Today's best homeschooling moment:

Me: What year did Columbus arrive in the Americas?
Danny: Which voyage? He made four.

He wasn't even being a smart ass-he was completely serious.

I know this is a terrible photograph-my apologies. I don't even have a proper recipe for you tonight-just an idea for dinner on an evening when you don't care to cook.

One more day before the heat is predicted to break. I don't do well in 100 degree, high humidity weather. My tomato plants sure like it though!


I made the polenta early in the day and then fried the slices at dinnertime. The vegetables are carrots, celery, onion, garlic, and parsley. Plenty of thyme, black pepper and a bay leaf. Cooked in olive oil-that's it. I boiled a handful of French lentils and tossed those in as well. There you have it, dinner without heating the oven. Not really a recipe, but I warned you.

Really, no one is going hungry around here. I haven't been out of the house in over a week, but there's so much stored in the larder, I could probably go a month without shopping.

No comments: