Saturday, December 15, 2007

Spinach and Feta Roll




I wanted to share the beautiful dinner my husband made. From the improvised dough recipe, he made this and a rather large white bread loaf. I had my doubts as he only used 1/4 teaspoon instant yeast for six cups of flour, but sure enough, it rose (after like, 10 hours).


To make the roll, he rolled the dough out flat after the second rise, spread it with drained spinach, Parmesan,carmelised onions, cottage cheese, olives and feta cheese. A bit of oil to brush it and then rolled. Ad you can see, it has a bit of a swirl visible inside, though with such dark filling it is hard to see.


I'm still pretty out-of-it. I slept pretty much all morning and afternoon (though waking to fresh baked bread was nice). I keep thinking I'm doing better but then realise pretty quickly after about five minutes of sitting up, that I'm not. Was I utterly stupid to have major dental work done in the middle of other illness? I dunno, I suppose if the dental work had gone smoothly I would say no, but since it went disastrously, well then yeah, hindsight would seem to say waiting might have made sense. You know, like the kids say:

Eh, whatever.


*My kid thinks if he keeps sticking bandages on me I'll get better. He's so sweet about it, right down to a "kiss to make mama better." So come on, I have people cooking for me and giving me kisses-how much can I really complain?

No comments: