Thursday, February 26, 2009

I Darn Busted The Oven

The range top still works, but both the broiler and lower heating element are broken. No great loss really, I hated that thing. My luck, it will probably be repairable. GE Hotpoint-Boo Hiss!

Before it broke however, I made some really wonderful refrigerator oatmeal cookies with lemon zest and molasses. So good...they broke the oven. Oh well, I'm under the weather and didn't feel like cooking anyway.

Obviously, I won't be baking a Lenten cake tomorrow. Instead, here are some of the better ones from previous years. The common theme is lack of eggs, butter and sometimes, milk. I will try to get one up each Friday through Lent, provided I have a working oven. This year I might try playing with soy milk and egg replacers-we'll see.

I'll get the cookie recipe up soon-those were really fantastic.

Chocolate Lenten Cake (no good if you gave up chocolate for Lent, obviously)

Lenten Cake With Carrots And Dried Fruit

Pumpkin Ginger Lenten Cake

Vanilla Lenten Cake With Blueberry Sauce-

Orange Raisin Lenten Cake

Cherry Kirsch Lenten Cake

Applesauce Gingerbread Lenten CakeLink
Irish Lenten CakeLink
Link
Lenten Fruitcake

Shoo Fly Lenten Cake

No comments: