Thursday, April 09, 2009

Just. So. Tired.


Really, I was so tired I couldn't stand the thought of chopping an onion and some garlic-so I didn't. Thank goodness for dried.

I didn't really need a call from the doctor's office to tell me I'm severely anemic, but I got the "oh, this is very serious-don't blow it off, when can we schedule you for an invasive procedure" call this afternoon and if anything, I feel like it gives me an excuse to resort to dried onions and garlic. I don't think the spinach in the dish will help much, but eh, here it is.

Look how clean that oven is though-really shiny. I wonder how long I'll keep up with obsessively cleaning it to keep it all sparkly new? Probably until the first time I roast a duck in it!

This dish follows the same idea as Matzo lasagna, where the crackers soften into a noodle-like substance. OK, you'll need some imagination on that one, but people eat tortilla soup and those sure as heck can't pass for noodles. If you're feeling up to it, browning an onion and some garlic would be nicer than the dried stuff, but I was able to get it made and into the oven in under twenty minutes.

You Will Need:

Matzos-about 5
1 box frozen spinach, cooked drained and squeezed dry
4 cups cottage cheese
3 eggs
3 cups of grated cheese-I used Swiss, Mozzarella, and Pepato
1 cup crushed potato chips (I had kettle cooked garlic and Parmesan)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

Mix everything except the matzos, 1 cup of the grated cheese mixture and potato chips together. Layer between matzos in a baking dish. The top layer should be spinach filling, then topped with reserved grated cheese and potato chips.

Bake about 35 minutes or until cheese is bubbly and top is nicely browned. Let stand a few minutes before cutting and serving.

No comments: