Wednesday, April 08, 2009

The Saga Of The New Oven

They ordered a new computer board for the range. The oven works, but the middle digit is missing when you punch it in so it is difficult to tell if you're at 300 or 350 because all you see is 3 and 0. I managed by counting the beeps like a blind person (which I'm pretty close to anyway-no exaggeration, but that's another post).

You know, for $450. I kind of expected better. I know this isn't the high end, but it isn't bargain basement either. It feels like a cheaply made appliance. Unfortunately, there isn't much choice in electric ranges if you don't want a glass top.

It is funny things, like the way the racks slide out, or the way the knobs turn, not the actual performance of the oven. It cooks, I guess.

I'll have to give it a proper breaking in by baking some bread after Passover to really gauge what it is capable of, but from what I've done so far, I'm a bit disappointed.

No comments: