Saturday, April 03, 2010

Chocolate No Bake Matzo Roll



Who put the "turd" in Saturday? I know, I can't call this the "Pesach Poop Cake", but look at it! It looked even worse before I glazed it. Maybe the point is to remind everyone that soon the holiday will be over after a week of matzo induced constipation. I'm probably the only person that would think that...OK I'm sure I'm not.

I made my turd cake with butter because the thought of eating two uncooked sticks of margarine was too much for me. We don't eat meat, so there aren't any issues with dairy. If you had to make this with margarine, it might be better to consider a different dessert.

From A Taste of Tradition

You will need:

4 matzos
1/2 cup butter
6 ounces semi sweet chocolate divided to 4 and 2
3 tablespoons strong coffee
1/4 cup sugar

Glaze 2 tablespoons chocolate, 3 tablespoons water

Run the matzos under water to soften and then crumble into a large bowl.

In a saucepan, melt the sugar, coffee, and 4 ounces of chocolate. Remove from heat and cool slightly.

In a medium bowl, whip the butter until light. Very slowly beat the chocolate mixture into the butter mixing thoroughly after each addition.

Stir in the matzos and mix well.

On a 12 inch long piece of waxed paper, spread the mixture into a log. Roll and shape, then chill several hours (at least six) until firm. Make the glaze by melting the chocolate and water together. Place the chilled cake on a rack over a pan and pour on the glaze. Chill again before serving.

No comments: