Friday, April 23, 2010

Severe Weather

The first real storm of the season is setting up at present. Danny was getting a bit nervous, so we put together our emergency kit today, and replaced all the flashlight and radio batteries. Everything we might need is in a bag by the door to the storm cellar. I doubt very much it will be needed (I think sometimes they overreact early in the season, just to keep people on their toes) but knowing what to do, and being ready for the worst is reassuring for a small child. He's in charge of flashlights, should the need arise.

Funny, you'd think after being hit by a tornado, I'd be all paranoid at the first dark cloud, but I'm really not. I'm not ignoring it, but i'm not freaking out either. I really, really hope we don't get hail though. Large hail sucks.

It looks bad from both the South, and the West. Most of our storms come in a path from Columbus, and David City-so I'm not going to spend my valuable time looking out the South window ;)

I really hope we don't get hail. My grapes are just coming to life, and the radishes and lettuces are finally looking like real vegetables instead of weeds.

No comments: