Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Chocolate MAlted Milk Candy Squares



I married a malted milk addict. Whether in ice cream, or as a candy, he simply cannot get enough of the stuff. When I was deciding which candies to include in this year’s Easter baskets, he jokingly suggested I make malted milk candy.

It is more challenging than I thought it would be, yet with my second attempt pictured here, I believe I’m closing-in on the texture I want. The problem (I think) is in the amount of baking soda I’m using. The candy tastes wonderful, and if you hold a piece in your mouth a moment before biting, it does soften up considerably. As I plan to coat it in chocolate though, it needs to be a bit softer (maybe). I also need to stretch it much thinner when I pour. Still, it’s always fun to show a work in progress.

Over the next few days, I’ll try to perfect it (I really am awfully close) and post the eventual recipe.

No comments: