Friday, May 23, 2008

Like Crack, For Teetotalers

Somehow, we stumbled upon the realisation that Danny had yet to try anything mint. These days, the children's toothpaste is available in many varieties of fruit, bubblegum and the like, but mint seems to be rather underrepresented. I bought a bag of chocolate covered peppermints.

"It's like winter in my mouth mama!"

I then had a three year old blow in my face so I could smell his fresh breath. It was quite fresh. I'm glad he liked it because I grew up with a sister that would become ill just being in the same room with someone eating mint, and I didn't want to spend my declining years being considerate of another mint-hating freak's hang-ups. Fresh. Quite fresh.

Thankfully, the little fondant patties covered in (real) chocolate made by Pearsons are low in calories and fat...because I cannot stop eating them. I don't want to sound like I'm trivialising drug addiction when I tell you these little disks are crack. Sure, after three I was ready to throw-up, but I kept eating them anyway. I'm at something like five. Hey, that's only 2.5 grams of fat. See, this is health food. Crack. The stuff is crack.

Like winter in my mouth.

No comments: