Sunday, November 09, 2008

Cranberry Sauce


I needed the freezer space (for the tamales) so my bags of bargain cranberries got canned for the holidays. This was super-easy. The recipe said I'd get six pints, I got four. Always best to have extra jars ready.

You Will Need:

8 cups cranberries, rinsed and drained
4 cups water
4 cups sugar

Prepare jars and have them heated and waiting.

In a large pot, combine sugar and water and boil for five minutes. Add the cranberries and cook without stirring until skins burst. Ladle hot cranberries into hot jars leaving 1/4 inch headspace (it sucked down quite a bit in processing). Remove air bubbles, close and process in a boiling water canner for fifteen minutes. Turn off heat, remove lid and let cool five minutes in canner. Let stand 12-24 hours before checking for seals.

I told you it was easy.

No comments: