Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Amazon Recommendations

You know how Amazon gives you recommendations based on previously viewed items and purchases? I get some pretty odd recommendations, but it occurred to me that it would be fun to try and "crack the code."

How many searches (without searching for the actual films) would it take to get the Amazon software to recommend both the Pixar movie Up, and the Russ Meyers film Up?

If you can get it to show the same two films at the top of the page as new recommendations, get a screen shot, send it to me in a jpeg, and I'll send you a prize you probably don't want anyway. It'll be fun.

Not quite off topic-talking about Delicatessen in the last post got me wondering if renting Julie and Julia at the same time would get you in a government database. I wonder what sort of recommendations that combination would get from Amazon.

No comments: