Sunday, December 13, 2009

Good Thing Butter Was On Sale This Week

...because I've already blown through two pounds of it in as many days baking these cookies.

So tonight I made about half of the "crowd people", the army guys in jeeps (yeah, I already had tanks, but I needed jeeps too), some retro-looking cars, and some other crap I can't remember. So far, so good. All I have left to do is Klaatu, the actual flying saucer cake and tinting a ton of coconut for grass. If I can find candy cigarettes I'll make a fence from it, if not, we go with sugar cubes. I never want to decorate another cookie with royal icing again-ever.

Still. looking at them on trays drying in the kitchen, I have to admit this is going to be a really cool Birthday cake. Mr. Eat The Blog's Birthday is in January, and he jokingly said he wanted a cake with more people on it than Danny's. I offered to do Salo in decorated cookies, and I think he's mildly concerned I might actually make good on the threat.

Anyway, 1 week to go!

By the way...

If you're one of those people we always send Christmas gifts to...they are going to be late this year. Think of it as a New Year's gift instead.

No comments: