Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Corn Pone


Yes, I realise I'm writing myself into some awful joke by making corn pone whilst residing in Nebraska. Gosh, if only I could work football into this...


This is a heavy sort of cornbread-more like a substantial cake. I dressed it up a bit with some parsley on top.


You Will Need:


1 cup sugar

1/2 cup butter

2 eggs

1 1/2 cups cornmeal

1 1/2 cups all purpose flour

3 teaspoons baking powder

1/2 teaspoon salt

1 1/2 cups milk


Preheat oven to 350.


Grease a 9x13 pan.


Cream together the sugar and butter until light. Add the eggs and mix well. In a small bowl, mix the dry ingredients together. Add to eggs/sugar/butter mixture, alternating with the milk. Don't over mix. Pour into pan, decorate as desired (roasted red pepper is nice also) and bake for 35-40 minutes or until golden.

No comments: