Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Why Can't He Just Pick A Simple Costume?

Oh no, not our boy. He wants to be the Creature From the Black Lagoon. I tried talking him into being the kid from the Red Balloon because then I could get by with a turtleneck sweater and a balloon, but no...the kid wants me to sew. Cripes, I'll be sewing scales on a sweat suit for weeks. I still don't know what to do for the mask-maybe more scales on a balaclava? Geez. Last year he went as a combine, complete with corn head and lights-do you have any idea how hard that was to make?

*hanging head in defeated pose*

"Get mama her sewing basket..."

Anyway, if I'm around here less than usual, you know why...because I'm sewing hundreds of freaking scales on a sweat suit for twenty minutes of trick-or-treating.

I still have no idea how I'll make the webbed hands.

7 comments:

Page D. said...

you can do a lot with fun foam and a glue gun. I googled cftbl costume and couldn't believe how many there are. scary!

Goody said...

Wow-I never would have thought of that. I have a brand-new never used glue gun. Thanks for the idea!

Raymond said...

I saw CFTBL in 3D @ UC Santa Cruz (when I attended there ONE quarter. Long story.). Santa Cruz in 1980 was pretty mellow. Inhale-ably mellow. They had an all-night-long marathon of crazy movies, like 200 Motels with The Monkees and Barbarella.

In any case, I'd love to see you and L dress up as Bela Lugosi and the killer octopus he fights in the Ed Wood movie "Bride of the Monster." Classic. You two decide who'll be Lugosi and who the octopus.

Raymond said...

Oh, and..
If you show Danny some Jacques Tati movies, maybe he'd want to be Monsieur Hulot for Halloween? (At least, it's a costume I've wanted to do for years.) It would certainly be easier.. beige raincoat, hat, pipe, slightly too short pants and umbrella.

Goody said...

Hulot would be cute, but no one would get it. I can tell you from experience (years and years of experience) that it isn't any fun explaining your Halloween costume at every house.

Raymond said...

Well, as an adult, I'd wear the Hulot costume and never explain it to anyone, only waiting for that "Aha!" smile from one in-the-know.

Goody said...

I'm afraid it would be a hell of a long wait around here.