Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Potato Puff


These come from my vintage Betty Crocker Picture Cookbook, 1950 edition. You know, the one my mother's neighbour gave to her because "You need it worse than I do." True story.

Everyone loved these potatoes and they were simple enough to prepare. I went ahead and got all super-classy-n-stuff by sprinkling paprika on top before baking, but if that's too elitist for you, just go ahead and omit it. I know, garnishes are totally climb-y.

You Will Need:

Mashed potatoes (I used 4 large baking potatoes, boiled and mashed with 1/4 cup butter and 1/2 cup whole milk, salt and pepper)

2 eggs, separated
Paprika (if you're feeling exotic)

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a casserole dish.

Beat the egg whites until stiff. With a mixer, beat the yolks into the potatoes. Fold in the whites. Bake 30-40 minutes until browned on top.

No comments: