Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Christmas Brooch of the Day-Day Fourteen-and a Chanukah Bonus

 A pair of Christmas trees. Unsigned, no idea when they are from though they scream late 80's/early 90's to me-but that's just a guess.
I was complaining on Instagram that I don't have a Chanukah sweater or any brooches. Radostin came up with an idea, and inspired,  I grabbed one of Danny's dreidels and made my own brooch. Thanks, Radostin!

Tonight is the first night of Chanukah. I baked some kichels (puffy egg biscuits/cookies) and I'll fry potato pancakes because if I didn't, there would be two very disappointed fellas. I can't stand them (the potatoes. The fellas are still more or less tolerable😁), or the smell of frying fat, but once a year I'll get out the heavy cast iron pan and fry a batch. I have a not-so-secret ingredient in mine-a grated carrot. Sometimes I use half an apple as well. Anyway, a happy Chanukah to those that celebrate.


7 comments:

bahnwärterin said...

great idea for the chanukah brooch!
the two "x-mas trees" are also angel choirs! look!
happy chanukah to your family!
xxxx

Goody said...

@Beate
You're right! I honestly hadn't noticed the angels.

Vix said...

At first glance I thought those twin brooches were collar clips.
Great idea, Danny!
Happy Chanukah to you all! xxx

Polyester Princess said...

Happy Chanukah! Love Radostin's idea. The brooches are quite pretty, and even more so now that I too can see the angel choirs! How sweet! xxx

Vronni's Style Meanderings said...

Happy Chanukah to you!

I love the brooches and I love the sound of the potato pancakes.

Radostin said...

Yay! Glad you liked that idea - though it wasn't quite original of mine. I too didn't notice the angels, but am delighted by them. Stealth heavenly hosts.

Goody said...

@Vix
Thank you.

@Ann
Thank you. Isn't it amazing the way some things are obvious once pointed out? I can't believe I missed it.

@Veronica
They turned out well-I didn't burn the house down ;)

@Radostin
Well, I wouldn't have known about it without your suggestion-so partial credit ;)