Monday, May 17, 2010

Watermelon Rind Update

We popped open a jar tonight, and it tastes like candied citron-with honeydew. I like it, but I have no clue what to do with six jars of it. The syrup would be delicious with some seltzer as a sort of lemon-ginger ale.

And in other news:

I reached up to scratch the top of my head, and felt a large-ish bump. I leaned over and asked Mr. ETB. to see if I had a mole or something growing:

"No mole, but you do have a large tick...hang on."

So he pulls this thing off the top of my head, and I nearly died. I have no problem pulling them off the dog, but in ten years of living out here, this was the first one that ended up on me. On my head. Just ick. Funny thing is, I was only in the garden for half an hour-tops. Just long enough to get the seedlings transplanted. Apparently, that's enough time for a tick to drop out of a tree onto your head.

Just to be on the safe side, old doggie got the once over and a bath tonight too. Now we all smell pretty, and are tick free. I'm going to be nervously rubbing my hand across my head for weeks now. Blech. The thing was going om nom nom on my head.

No comments: