Saturday, February 08, 2014

Trout Update

So I made the local trout, and Mr. ETB and Danny preferred it. It is a different species from rainbow, but it looked similar. The fish is white fleshed, and a bit less oily from what I can see than regular rainbow trout. I did not try any (I'm vegetarian) but I'll take their word for it being delicious. It was much less expensive, so it has that going for it.

Here's what I did:

Clean fish. I left the heads and tails on, but that's your call. Butter a large sheet of foil. Preheat the oven to 475 degrees F. Salt and pepper the fish, then fill with sliced lemons, a sprig of rosemary, and some thyme. Place a few pats of butter inside and atop the fish. Give it a splash of dry vermouth, then seal in the foil packet. Bake on a sheet for 30-35 minutes.

That's it. I served it with cous cous.

No comments: