Thursday, October 17, 2013

1970'S Knit Skirt and Top

(Click photos to enlarge)

I'm not sure how this knit set was intended to be worn. It is too sheer (and scratchy) to wear alone, yet looks strange with a long sleeved shirt and slip beneath. Maybe a similarly coloured full slip would work in warmer weather, but the texture of the fabric on my skin would be maddening. I always liked black and blue together, so that's the direction I went.
 
 
 
 
The top may have accomplished the impossible in making me appear flat-chested. That's a first for me. Do you like the afghan? My mother made it in the 60's.


Outfit particulars:

1970's knit skirt and top-Thrift World (I think it was $3.99)
Bracelet: Gordman's circa 2000
Earrings: Sale, Shop-Ko
Glass beaded necklace: Sarpy County Historical Society jumble sale-.25 cents
Shoes: Retail K-Mart
Nan Lippy: Loreal Brights, Tangerine
Nail varnish: Maybelline Runway limited edition
60's handbag with Lucite handle: A thrift store in Turner's Falls, MA circa 1992

 
 

 

 

No comments: