Thursday, July 01, 2010

Wash Your Sister!

I suppose I ought to warn readers that this is a post about tampons.

So yeah, I mindlessly grabbed the least expensive box of tampons off the shelf, because I was away from home, and ran out. I get the damn things open and am nearly overcome by the scent of god...I don't know, it smelled like plastic, and fruit salad, and hairspray. I can't speak for everyone of course, but personally, I don't need my girl bits to smell like plastic, fruit salad, and hairspray. I dunno, maybe some people like that.

Seriously though, why can't the fact that the tampons are scented be prominently displayed on the box? The scent will be prominently stinking up my handbag-so why the big secret?

Years ago, I worked a temp job with someone who sneered after someone, "I don't think she washes her sister." You know what? If you, "wash your sister", the need for plastic/fruit/hairspray scented tampons kind of goes away. Geez, for the two or three times a year I still get a period, I'd like to experience it without thinking, "God, why do I smell fruit cocktail?" every time I pull down my knickers.

Go wash your sister.

3 comments:

Raymond said...

aaahhHAHAHAHAAHAA!! The tag "Lynn Mass." As I read the post, I kinda' thought the "Wash your sister" event came outta Lynn. Then I saw the tag. LOL!

Goody said...

Yep. That was the lady who typed with two pencils to preserve her manicure.

Doug Holland said...

Hilarious and double-dang right -- god, I love you babe :) still chuckling

Helen