Wednesday, February 02, 2011

Happy Birthday to Me


My birthday isn't until Friday, but I have a busy week still. I don't really mind baking my own Birthday cake, because this way I get the cake I want. Danny thought I should put my age on the cake, but this kind of conveys the idea.


The cake and frosting are interesting (well, I think they are). I've made my share of cream cakes, but never one that uses whipped cream in place of the butter. Danny helped me demolish the trimmings as we decorated and it really is a light, delicious cake. Honestly, it didn't need frosting-I could see filling it with lemon curd and giving it a light dusting of icing sugar before serving. Of course, I couldn't write funny things on it then, could I?

The frosting is made from browned butter, which is my favourite. I'll get the recipes posted later, but I have to go take apart the Hoover now as it suddenly stopped working, and then dumped a load of what looks like gravel on the floor. Then, I have to write tests because Thursday is test-day around here.

Now...oh you already know.

*mutters*
Damn beatniks with their long-playing records and reefer cigarettes.

2 comments:

Raymond said...

OMG... I'm writing it down on my calendar (I don't have it).

H A P P Y B I R T H D A Y !!!!

Goody said...

Aw, thanks.