Thursday, June 23, 2011

My Foot Ain't No Size Seven

Vanity sizing has now infiltrated footwear as I currently wear a size seven shoe. That's funny, because my entire adult life I've worn a size 9, or an 8 1/2 wide in some cases-but never a size seven. Presumably one's foot does not shrink with age (if anything mine seem swollen) so I have to figure this is yet another example of the idiotic trend where manufacturers think people will buy something because it is a smaller size. Great, I'll wear them with my size four jeans that would have been size eight ten years ago.

I just want to buy my damn clothes and footwear without playing this stupid game of, 'flatter the consumer." Wouldn't this sort of nonsense make it impossible to shop by post any longer?

So the shoes, here's the link (I bought mine in black). Oh, I know they are teeny-bopper shoes, but they are the most comfortable pair of sandals I've ever owned. But I don't wear a size seven, so if you order on line, be warned they run large.

No comments: