Saturday, August 31, 2013

Onion Dip

Somehow, Danny had never tasted onion dip. Mr. ETB made a passing mention, and intrigued, Danny asked if I would make some. Somehow, that felt like I'd overlooked an important part of American culture. I stopped to pick up some rippled crisps (because that's the only thing that will stand up to dip) and some soup mix. Looking at the ingredients, and the price, I decided I could do better on my own. And I did.

I think the kid would have licked the bowl if I'd let him.

You Will Need:

1 beef soup cube pulverized in a grinder, or bashed to hell with a rolling pin-your call.
A pinch of smoked salt
2 cups Mexican crema (You can use sour cream of course, but the crema was really good)
1 tablespoon dried onion flakes

Mix it all together, and let it stand in the fridge at least 30 minutes until the onions soften.

No comments: