Monday, October 10, 2011

Baby Stuff




I adore sewing for babies, but I rarely get the opportunity anymore (everyone I know is through having babies). Here's what I did with the Golden Books fabric, and an inexpensive onesie from the craft store. I was able to purchase a large, pink vinyl tote-bag that can be used as a diaper bag for less than a box and wrapping paper. A large ribbon bow and generous amounts of tulle should pull the gist together nicely.

The quilt has a spot for the child's name, just like the actual books (which I should include a copy of, I guess) that I bought a glitter fabric pen for. I could have embroidered it, but they kept the name secret until the last moment, and I was itchy to sew.

Now, would one of my younger friends please get knocked-up so I can make more layette items?

No comments: