Monday, October 03, 2011

I Knew Something Smelled

I bought an overpriced bag of snack "food" yesterday. It was OK-I won't say there was anything to fault in the actual product, but something about the smug, self-congratulatory, self-declared hipness, made me uncomfortable. That, and a three ounce bag was over four dollars-that would set anyone off. Mostly though, I felt uneasy with the hype on the bag. I didn't like the design, I didn't like the overall, vibe for lack of a better word. Still, I couldn't really put my finger on what I found so irritating. It was only after I checked out the company website that it all came together with two main thoughts sounding in my head:

1). I knew it would be like this.
2). Oh my god, Burke was right-people DO suck (my paraphrase).

I won't be purchasing these again-not because of the product quality, which was good, or even the outrageous price, but after catching an eyeful of that website I don't think I could eat them without feeling like I'm contributing to the march towards the living embodiment of Idiocracy. Oh hey everybody, look-famous people! BUY! BUY! BUY!

Talk about leaving a bad taste.

Obviously, this isn't a paid review-but you probably figured that out by now.


No comments: