Thursday, October 27, 2011

Not Exactly Bubble and Squeek

I don't know what to call this, so I'll just tell you what it is. I shredded cabbage and a turnip as fine as possible. I mixed it with an equal part of mashed potatoes. I buttered the cast iron pan, patted it into a cake and cooked it about 15 minutes until it was browned. I flipped it onto a plate, repeated the same on the other side, and cut it into wedges to serve. It is a very Spartan sort of potato dish as there isn't any fat save for the butter used in the pan. Somehow it worked anyway. Certainly it would have been better to add some cream or butter to the potatoes, or cook the cabbage and turnip in fat, but if you want a "less guilty" way of enjoying potatoes, this might suit you. Topping it with sour cream defeats this, of course.

Blogger is having trouble with photo uploads at the moment-I'll post it when I can.

No comments: