Thursday, October 27, 2011

Thursday Used Book Sale at Swanson Library in Omaha

The weather and my chores finally worked together, and look at the treasures I brought home from the sale this time.

Most of the books were between .25 and .50 cents. A few hardcovers were marked a dollar. I spent under twenty dollars and came home with a few dozen books. Good quality stuff too. The Oxford Middle Ages book was really a steal for a buck.

I really need to make more of an effort to get there regularly.

Speaking of books-we are constructing a small reading room within our home library. I'll explain. We've purchased shorter bookcases and hinged them together so that they become two-sided. When it is completed, there will be a sort of room within the room (it is a very large room) with a seating and study area within the enclosed square. Both front and back will house books (as the cases will be back to back. Does this make any sense? I'll post photos when it is completed. We've done four so far, and they look terrific. I suppose it is enabling behaviour on the part of my husband...as I can now buy books without a thought to housing them. I mean, what does he expect me to spend money on, baubles or a car that isn't held together with duct tape?



Oooh, pumpkin. I love pumpkin.
Yep, this is an old edition, the pages are yellowed with time, and well-splattered with sauces. Perfect.

1 comment:

Janice said...

I can't wait to see photos of your shelving. My books need a better storage system. Piles on the floor are getting old. Inspiration is needed.