Monday, August 08, 2011

Actual Conversation

Me: (Watching the President give his speech about the S&P downgrade) He's trying to reassure investors...

Danny: (Pointing to Dow ticker running in corner of the screen) I don't think he's very good at it.


I should probably be shocked that my six year old can read a stock ticker, but I'm more amazed that he could calculate the overall percentage market loss in his head, after seeing the day's starting numbers. I then made the mistake of setting up the live feed for him on the computer to watch the carnage being updated every two minutes.

Danny: Mama? How do I find the Asian markets?
Me: You don't.
Danny: I just want to...
Me: You'll be in bed when they start trading, you can read the close in the morning.

I got scowled at for that. I never imagined I'd be having disagreements with a six year old that wanted to stay up late to monitor foreign stock indices.

If he grows up to be an investment banker, I'm taking to the gas pipe.

No comments: