Saturday, April 11, 2009

Almost Easter


It just wouldn't be Easter at our house if I didn't make Peep bird nests complete with realistic looking poop. Hey, it's a family tradition.

I have coloured eggs and a pile of Disney branded merchandise ready to stuff into grass lined baskets as soon as Danny heads off to bed. I might have gone a bit overboard with stickers.

We laid out the raised bed for the new garden today. If you were wondering, 15 ft. long railroad ties are REALLY heavy. We ended up just sort of tipping them off the back of the truck and moving them into place. I wish we'd devoted more of the backyard to a proper garden years ago-mowing grass is overrated and you can't serve it for dinner.

There's a new out building as well. I never thought I'd get so excited over what is basically a very large shed, but I am. Maybe I can clear out the mudroom a bit now.

1 comment:

JK said...

I have made the birds nest with the green tinted coconut to look like grass, never thought of the chocolate...and have to say the poo is realistic. LOL

Happy Easter to you and yours.