Friday, November 19, 2010

Blackstrap Molasses

Since I seem to be unable to eat (I know, sounds like a dream come true, but it really stinks) I thought I ought to try to get in a spoonful of blackstrap molasses every morning for the iron and other nutrients. I used to date someone that swore by it, and he was in pretty decent shape-so I poured myself a nice big spoon of the stuff...


...yeah, that isn't going to work for me. People really subject themselves to this daily? Maybe diluted in hot water or something. I used some of it to bake a gingerbread today-haven't served it yet, but I'll post it when the boys give their feedback. Other than perhaps a batch of baked beans, I can't think of a good use for the remainder of the bottle. I sure as hell won't be downing any of it straight from the bottle again (gah, if I have to consume a by-product of sugar refining, I'll drink rum).

No comments: