Monday, November 01, 2010

Please Welcome Petrarca

Please join us in welcoming the newest addition to our family, Petrarca to the world. He was a bit of a surprise an, "oops", if you will-but were delighted just the same. We were a little embarrassed, what at this late stage in our lives and all-what would people think? But here we are, proud parents of bubbling little bundle of joy. The regular feedings are a pain-how soon you forget the middle of the night feedings, temperature taking, and so on-but again, oh the happiness he brings us. He looks just like his mother.

Some people say keeping your baby in the icebox is somewhat neglectful, but I really can't imagine dealing with him EVERY DAY. Oh sure, some people leave their babies out on the counter munching on any bacteria they happen upon, but I want our baby to be special. I still haven't gotten the knack of breastfeeding as little Petrarca has some latching issues, and he leaves me all sticky and sour smelling, but in a pinch, a formula of 1:5:5 seems to do the trick. Keeping your baby fully hydrated is important, even in cooler weather. I keep him covered lightly with cling film because I think all those warnings about plastic are rubbish anyway.

I can't wait to toss him in the oven for the first time, and see if he springs!

No comments: