Wednesday, September 11, 2013

That 70's Outfit




Friends, there's nowhere to hide in pleats. That's the truth. Still, when I saw this skirt a couple weeks ago, I knew it would go perfectly with this blouse.

Outfit Particulars:

Blouse: Vintage Montgomery Wards, Thrifted
Skirt: Vintage, Thrifted
Shoes: Thrifted, I think they are new-ish (90's maybe?)
Bangles: Thrifted
Earrings: Retail, Bongo brand
Necklace: Mum's from the 70's

 
 I swear, there's a waist somewhere in there.
 I'm rediscovering my mum's plastic accessories from the 70's. She really went for white beads. I have loads of this stuff.
 Would you look at the size of the cuffs on this blouse?!
 And the collar! You could put someone's eye out with that point.
 The earrings were clearance. I can't decide if I like them or not. I'm wearing white eye pencil today. Do I look startled?


I wanted a pair of round toes shoes. These should see me through fall.

I'm taking the child to the state park to watch migrating birds (he's into that). I'll be sitting in the lodge drinking coffee. There's something about sitting there at the window, watching the birds at the feeders that puts me to sleep, and it is a bit of a drive home. This time, I'm bringing caffeine.

No comments: