Tuesday, June 08, 2010

Half Birthday

Danny's half birthday is coming up. He's still obsessed with tall ships, and British naval battles so...

You know how sometimes you're sitting around at home and thinking:
"Damn, I wonder if you could reproduce the HMS Victory in cake, and sugar paste?"

Really, that doesn't happen to you, eh? What can I say. So yeah, the more I thought about it, the more I thought:
"Why just make the ship from cake when you can do the whole battle...?"

But then of course, I came to my senses because who the hell wants to bake the whole French and Spanish fleet? I mean, I love my little Danny Dumpling, but you have to draw the line somewhere. I draw it at the French and Spanish.

I have just under two weeks to pull this off. The sugar cookie decorations will be the worst of it, I'm sure. Period dress, and all those damned brass buttons. If you told me years ago that sitting in Western Civ. class would be helpful someday I might have scoffed. Little did I know I'd be depicting the death of Nelson in cake, and decorated cookies. God, don't tell anyone-the university might request my degree back.

No comments: