Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Cole Slaw With Cooked Mayonnaise

I was editing the photos from dinner, when I began laughing. Mr. ETB looked over at the photo of the coleslaw, and laughed as well. I swear to god, it didn't look that way at the table. The lighting, the camera, the Universe having a laugh-I don't know. I do know that I'll never be able to make it again.

Judge for yourself:



Yeah, that's what we thought as well. If you think you can get past the appearance (after my making the situation all the worse) here's the recipe for the mayonnaise, which isn't really a proper mayo at all. I wouldn't even describe it as a salad cream. I can describe what it looks like, but then almost certainly no one would want to make it, though admittedly, based on the search queries that bring people to the blog, I seem to attract a fair number of degenerates.

You Will Need:

1 large egg
1 cup sugar
1 tablespoon flour
1 cup water
1/2 cup cider vinegar

Combine egg, sugar and flour until well blended in a small saucepan. Add 1/4 cup of the water and whisk until smooth. Add the vinegar, and remaining water. Bring to a boil over medium heat, whisking constantly. Boil until thickened. Cool before using. Don't take photographs of the end result.

No comments: