Friday, March 07, 2014

Well No, She Isn't (Pretty in Pink)

...But since when has that stopped me?

(Gawd, that mirror is really dirty. Sorry).

This isn't just another polyester pants-suit, this is a home-sewn (not by me) polyester pants-suit I picked up in Iowa, the place where polyester pants-suits go to die, but never really do.

Lookit them pockets! You could stick a hymnal, and a bottle of blackberry brandy in there, and still have room for a couple Maid Rite sandwiches.
Elastic waistband too. That's for later, when you go to the Sizzler for steak and all you can eat salad bar. You don't want something like trousers getting in your way of a full value for your dollar. No sir.
 

 
 
This time of year though, it makes sense to dress in layers.
 
Because you can't rely on a layer of fat to keep you warm.
Outfit Particulars:

70's (possibly 80's) polyester pants-suit-Goodwill, Council Bluffs, IA
 70's Black and white sleeveless blouse-Thrift World, Millard
Belt-Can't remember
Black jacket-Dots, about 15 years ago
Pink bangle-Goodwill (I think)
Earrings-Thrift America
Shoes-retail
Hair flower-Tiff and Tam
Lippy-Revlon Snowy Peach limited edition vintage re-issue

Yes, I did burn my ear with the curling wand.
 
Sadly, I didn't get to wear my beautiful pink suit to the Sizzler steak house for all you can eat salad bar, but instead spent the morning sitting at the allergist's office with Danny. He's doing better, but she brought up weekly jabs, and the kiddo kind of lost it there for a few minutes. I can't really blame him, having gone through it when I was his age.

Here's to a much-needed weekend!

5 comments:

Witchcrafted Life said...

I think you're very pretty in pink!(Great Molly Ringwald ref, BTW.) That is a great pattern. So sweet and springtime perfect. I really like your awesome lily pad hair flower (I sooo want one like it now).

Have a fabulous Friday,
♥ Jessica

Goody said...

If you don't get Tiff and Tam at your drugstores, let me know and I'll hunt one down for you. They're super-cheap, and are made to be worn as a clip, pin and elastic-a three-fer!

This was last year's, but they don't change their florals too much year to year.

Joanna said...

This post just totally brought a smile to face. I love that you are having fun with polyester. What fun suits, you know when you let polyester into your life I'm quite sure a new plethora of unique prints come right your way and they can match the 70s wall paper. Love it!

Goody said...

@Joanna

I lived in a house with that wild foil wallpaper-but by the 90's it had lost appeal. I kind of wish I had it now.

I can't decide if I love polyester, or hate ironing. Either way, I am having fun with it, and if it gives you a giggle, that's even better. I love the beautiful rayon dresses and 40's suits you wear.

Curtise said...

Polyester trouser suit and a pussy-bow blouse? Seventies heaven! Great outfit. And yes, pretty too! xxx