Thursday, November 26, 2009

Cranberry Stuffing/Dressing


For the past month, I've been saving stale ends of bread in the freezer waiting for today. I'm glad I did-my own white bread makes better dressing than anything I've ever bought in a box.

You Will Need:

2 cups vegetable broth
6 cups cubed, stale bread
1 tablespoon dried sage, crumbled
1 teaspoon thyme, dried
1 tablespoon dried parsley
6 tablespoons butter
1 small onion, chopped fine
4 stalks celery, chopped fine
3 tart apples, chopped fine
1/2 cup dried currants
1 cup fresh cranberries, chopped well
Salt and pepper to taste (depends on how salty your broth is)

Cook the onion and celery in the butter in a large, heavy pot. Add everything else except the broth. Cook a bit until well coated. Add the broth gradually until moistened.

No comments: