Tuesday, January 05, 2010

Guess Where I Was Today?


Did you guess Council Bluffs, Iowa?

Honestly, I don't know why they have the world's best selection of cheese ends-but they do. You're looking at around ten dollars worth of cheese. Sage Derby, Pecorino Romano, Muenster, Cheddar, Gorgonzola, Two varieties of Swiss, Aged Gouda, Manchengo, and more.

The rest of the store seems overpriced to my ordinary haunts, but you simply can't do better for cheese than the Hy-Vee in Mall of the Bluffs.

And yeah, I did take Danny to the Union Pacific Train Museum because when you go on a weekday, you get the whole place to yourself. Basically, that's every kid's dream. OK, probably not, but it is nice when you can drive the train simulator over and over without other snot-nosed kids wanting a turn. Have I mentioned the admission is free?

Cheese and trains-can't think of a better way to spend an afternoon. Oh, and by the way, we're getting more snow tonight.

No comments: