Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Kitchen Klatter

Sometimes, I threaten Mr. Eat The Blog with recipes from the pages of my Depression-Era Kitchen Klatter magazines.
You know, that's just plain, good advice. You won't get advice like that from Ask Annie. Leanna never told anyone they needed a therapist.
That actually sounds good
OK, maybe this one could use therapy...
Blech. I've heard about cabbage juice being good for an ulcer, but the powder is a new one to me.
Oh gosh, my sister had dolls like this in the 50's. She had one particularly nice one in a pale blue taffeta dress with roses that we called. "The Judy Doll." I think all the dolls made between 1945-1960 had the same face. Only the hair changed. That would have been a pretty expensive doll in 1956 when this ad was published. I don't think our parents would have paid more than a couple dollars at the most for a doll.

I have a large stack of these magazines, and one of these days, I'm going to make good on my threat to cook from them. Until then, I'll try to post them when I get a chance, for your entertainment.

No comments: