Friday, April 13, 2012

Brace Yerselves

The weather service has been on at length all day about the impending storm system tomorrow. I never recall hearing news reports telling you to think about where you will be the next day, and plan accordingly for shelter, but I suppose they can see this setting up to have potential for serious damage.

Yeah, I'm not putting out my new plants until Sunday.

Kiddo is a bit of a weather nerd ( he keeps daily, detailed weather journals complete with printouts of radar and maps) with a fondness for statistics. Earlier today, he recited all the terrible tornadoes dating back to the early 20th century that hit Saunders County Nebraska in the month of April...because he keeps track of that sort of thing. I like data as much as the next person (really, I do) but his ability to bring out relevant (OK interesting) statistics and do the maths regarding probabilities...it frightens me. When I was seven I read comic books.

If you live in the Midwest, you may want to bring any fragile plants indoors tomorrow.

No comments: