Sunday, November 20, 2016

Jumpsuit Week-Day Seven


 This one is from the archives, as the weather turned unsuitable for wearing a heavy satin jumpsuit. These snaps are from 2014.
As with most of my other 80's clothes, this jumpsuit had very large shoulder pads that I removed. I did however save them in case the look ever returns or I pass the jumpsuit on to someone that can appreciate big shoulders. Shoulder pads or not, these are the largest sleeves I've seen on clothing that weren't wide 60's type bells.
The shoulder pads in this blazer more than make up for the missing ones in the jumpsuit.

 Outfit Particulars:

1980's satin jumpsuit-Goodwill
Wedge heeled trainers-K Mart a few years ago
Necklace-Gordman's
Earrings-K Mart

Today's drink is an Artist's Special:
1 oz. Calvert Extra whisky
1 oz. sherry
1/2 oz. lemon juice
1/2 oz. sugar syrup

Stir well with ice, strain into glass.

I've had fun sharing some of my jumpsuit collection with you this week. I still have a few more (!) so loo for them at some point in the future. Fellow blogger Veronica has just completed a week of skirts-be sure to check out her fun post.





8 comments:

Vronni's Style Meanderings said...

Thanks for the shout out, Goody!

I think I like this jumpsuit the least of the all the jumpsuits so far. It's pretty amazing - oyster satin anyone? - but all the others looked way better. I love the jacket and the accessories, though! I've really enjoyed seeing the jumpsuits on you throughout the week and at least you went the whole 7 days!

As you don't wear trousers that often how about a week of trousers/jeans/leggings Goody style? Now there's a challenge...

xx

Veronica

Polyester Princess said...

Those sleeves are indeed the most enormous I've ever seen. But surely, shoulder pads won't come back into fashion? Or will they? There should be a law against them! xxx

Miss Magpie said...

I have thoroughly enjoyed jumpsuit week! What do you plan next?? I can't wait to see.....

Bibi Maizoon said...

I remember that jumpsuit from last year, those gorgeous silvery accessories give it a 'winter wonderland' feel.
What on earth is Calvert Extra whisky & what makes it extra?

Radostin said...

Ice Queen earrings!

Vix said...

I had fun admiring your fabulous jumpsuit collection. This one would look incredible with a white fake fur coat for a Xmas party, far more exciting than the ubiquitous little black dress brigade.
Those earrings rock - unlike the sherry and whiskey combo, sounds deadly. xxx

Mim said...

Something about this one makes me think it's a work-to-evening outfit for a lady Ghostbuster. That necklace is fabboo.

Goody said...

@Veronica

A week of trousers could be interesting-thanks for the suggestion.

@Ann
I think designers have been trying to bring back modest shoulderpads for years but the memory is still too close for anyone to be willing to wear them.

@Miss Magpie
Thank you. I might do a week or two of velvet as the weather gets colder.

@Bibi
It costs "extra?"

@Radostin
If I ever get lost in a snowstorm I could flash them for a rescue party.

@Vix
Some of the cocktails sound like they'd give you the hangover before you finished the drink.

@Mim
I think you nailed it-Lady Ghostbuster.