Monday, June 02, 2008

Creme Fraiche Ice Cream (Cherry Chocolate)

I didn't think it would work, but I had 2 cups of the stuff waiting to be used. Guess what? It was tasty. My husband really went nuts for it. The texture is very soft-almost like gelato. I skipped heavy cream completely and used whole milk. Overall, I'm pleased and would try this again.

I figured it would melt before I could take decent pictures, but I'm sure you can imagine what ice cream looks like.

You Will Need:

1 cup creme fraiche
1 1/2 cups whole milk
3/4 cup sugar
1 cup pitted bing cherries, pureed in a blender
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 square (1 oz) bittersweet chocolate, shaved

In a saucepan over medium heat, dissolve the sugar in the milk. Remove from heat, whisk in the creme fraiche and chill well several hours.

Put the cherries and juice in the fridge to chill as well.

Mix cherries and milk mixture together and process in your ice cream maker. When finished, stir in the shaved chocolate. Freeze until set.

No comments: