Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Rosemary Olive Oil Crackers


Finally, a recipe from a recent issue of Gourmet worth making. The recipe may be found HERE, though I skipped sprinkling it with additional rosemary (good call) and used Kosher salt instead of Maldon because...well, because people are eating out of garbage dumpsters and no one needs to spend that sort of money on salt. I really don't know how people do without feeling seriously embarrassed at their extravagance in the face of so much suffering. I know you could make that argument about many food items, but salt seems the most commodity fetishised these days.

And Maldon isn't even the high-end stuff.

I also wouldn't use expensive olive oil for this-the cheap stuff actually tastes better against the strong rosemary.


I could see making these again with less oil and perhaps different herbs. Salt and pepper might also work nicely. I'm serving them with soup tonight-because nothing goes with a 90 degree day like soup!

No comments: