Saturday, May 30, 2009

Too Many Peas? And Two Perfect Strawberries

Scrolling down, I just realised that almost every dinner for the past week or two had featured peas, pea-shoots or tendrils. Gee whiz. As my husband noted while observing me placing pea-tendrils atop potato salad for a photograph:

"I'll bet twenty years ago you didn't think you'd be standing in a kitchen in Rural Nebraska adjusting pea tendrils on potato salad."

Hey, we're eating seasonally. The borage just started blooming, so pretty soon all the salads will have pretty purple flowers too.

I found the first two strawberries in the patch today-and we ate them right away! You can't turn your back on berries for a minute around here or the phesaants will get them-or the farm cats. So this was the first year we got to them first and they sure were delicious.

Ha, ha pheasants!

No comments: