Thursday, January 22, 2009

Possibly Too Much Butter, Even For Me


These are the cookies from the December cover of Gourmet, except after tasting one, I decided there was no way I was going to fill them and make sandwich cookies. True, they should have been smaller, but even so-these cookies are just too rich for a filling-and that's coming from someone who considers butter a single food group.

Truthfully, I didn't care for them. Danny was indifferent to them as well, even with the lure of shiny sugar. They weren't bad, they just weren't very good. Thankfully, the cookies were simple to make and I didn't feel like I used a great deal of energy making them. I'm sure they won't go to waste, but i could have found better use for two sticks of butter.

I was hoping they would be good, as I need some cookie recipes that can be adapted for Valentine's Day. I need a gift for a cookie-lover who has a birthday near the holiday. I guess I could make THESE again, but that's not the sort of thing everyone finds funny. I thought they were hilarious, which is probably a sign that they wouldn't make a good gift.

Oh well, back to the cookie drawing board.

No comments: