Monday, March 10, 2008

Lentil Casserole




I was unable to find a satisfactory recipe for lentil casserole/loaf, so I came up with this. We enjoyed it and it will likely make future appearances at dinner.




You Will Need:




2 cups cooked lentils


2 cups jasmine rice


1/4 cup dry plain breadcrumbs


1 large onion, chopped


1 clove garlic, chopped


1/2 cup chopped mushrooms


1/4 cup roasted red pepper, chopped


1/2 teaspoon sage


1/4 teaspoon thyme


1/4 teaspoon basil


1/2 teaspoon rosemary


salt and pepper to taste


2 eggs


olive oil for cooking vegetables




In a large pan or pot, cook the onion, garlic, spices, mushrooms and pepper over medium heat until softened. Mix in the rice and lentils, Remove from heat and mix in eggs. Pour into greased casserole and bake at 350 degrees F. for 1 hour. Serve with plain yoghurt.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I totally want to eat this blog.

Dinner tonight was a tuna sandwich and a salad with old lettuce. Iceberg, even.

I really need to get back to full-time work so I can afford more satisfying food.

Goody said...

I have a small care package ready to ship out to you for Easter. Nothing great, some cookies, homemade candy, etc. With any luck you'll get it by Easter. I'd ship a sourdough with it but unlike the potato rye last year, these breads go stale in a day or two.

Anyway, I'll drop you an email when I finally get over to the post office.