Wednesday, December 15, 2010

I'm Giving Kindergarten Finals

Six subjects, twenty five questions each. Our semester ends Friday (hooray!). Granted, he knows more about representations of bulls in Minoan art, and Tudor history than most not-quite-six year olds...but he still can't cut a straight line with scissors, or pour himself a glass of milk.

Funniest homeschooling moments of late:

Danny: I'm writing a play.
Me: Great.
Danny: I have two characters named, "Henry", but to keep things straight, I made one French, and spelled his name with an, "I".
............................................................................................................................

Danny: What hospital was I born at?
Me: Methodist.
Danny: That's what I thought. Aren't they the people from the church that had the pumpkin chucking in the trebuchet at Halloween?
Me: Yes, the hospital is affiliated with the church.
Danny: I'm glad they were chucking pumpkins, instead of babies!

...........................................................................................................................


Danny: Mama? I've been thinking about this St. Lucia holiday.
Me: Oh?
Danny: When I'm dictator of Sweden, I'm going to outlaw it-I can't believe they let little girls wear lit candles on their heads. I'm definitely getting rid of that when I'm dictator of Sweden.
Me: I don't think the Swedes are likely to embrace a dictator, much less an American one.
Danny: We'll see.

2 comments:

Raymond said...

Saved. I wonder how many gems I'm missing. This guy needs his own reality show.

Goody said...

He's witty, that kid.

I'm pretty careful what I post-I wouldn't post really embarrassing things, or overly-personal stuff that might come up when he's applying for jobs (or dictator of Sweden), but I feel OK about sharing his observations. Sometimes I read the archives and remember things that would have otherwise been lost to my aging memory.