Friday, July 11, 2008

Double Chocolate Cherry Torte With Chocolate Covered Cherries



This makes it something like, eight different chocolate tortes I've tried. This one was nice, with a light top and dense centre, but the real treat was the chocolate covered cherries. I didn't notice the kirsch flavour after baking and next time I might consider doing an overnight soak of the cherries. In fact, until I went to type this out, I'd forgotten there was any kirsch in it. Well, you know me-I like boozy cake-speaking of which, I took about a cup of halved, pitted cherries and put them in a jar with cheap vodka. I'll give it a shake once a day for a few weeks, strain it and add in a simple syrup. Excellent.

I very carefully removed the pits from a dozen cherries and then dipped them in bittersweet chocolate. because the cherries were very ripe and fresh, they are extremely juicy. Biting into one of these is not something I'm capable of describing adequately-you'll just have to make a batch yourself.




The recipe for the torte may be found HERE.

No comments: